Sunday 17 February 2013

Spotlight on Crop Circle Clay

Rustic, Earthy and Infused with Reiki.

Crop Circle Clay is rustic, earthy handmade pottery infused with Reiki and adorned with the beautiful sacred geometry of crop circles. Inspirational text also adorns most pieces. I am a one-woman studio and I love creating with clay! Each piece is one-of-a-kind ceramic art by Diana Brower in Ohio, USA.

 Diana Brower is the Owner, Maker, Designer, and Curator at Crop Circle Clay.

Diana began her fascination with clay in 1994 at the Chelsea Ceramic Guild in New York City; taking classes there for 5 years before moving back to her home state of Ohio. She adores creating with clay.




Diana describes herself and her gorgeous shop:


A bit about me and my studio...


Hello! My name is Diana Brower and I make these pots in my own studio called “Dancing Dolphin Pottery” in Ohio, USA. 
I hand-build some pieces, throw other pots on my wheel and then fire all of them in my electric kiln. I love to make these pots! They bring me such joy! As I sit down at my wheel I first bring in Reiki energy to connect with the clay. 
This energy opens up my creativity and grounds me to Mother Earth.
 Then I try to listen to what the clay would like to become. When I know that this small ball of clay will be a mug, I form a picture in my inner eye of the shape that I desire. Then my hands and my muses do the rest! 







HOW I PUT DESIGNS ON MY POTTERY: ​
The decorations that I use on my pottery are the crop circle patterns that please me the most. I also like to add inspirational text. 
I print my own laser decals on a laser printer and it's the iron oxide of the toner that burns into the pots in a special 3rd kiln firing. 
This extra step requires more materials (decals & toner), labor (I spend about 30 min. designing each piece) and electricity, so these pots are more expensive than my 'regular' pottery that is only fired 2x. But, of course they are worth it! 





WHY CROP CIRCLES? 
The crop circle designs are formations (pictographs or star glyphs) found in the crops of farmer's fields all over the world. I love them!
 They are both beautiful and inspirational. 
I believe they trigger the divine spark in all of us. Although predominantly found in the county of Wiltshire in England, there have also been some in my home state of Ohio! We don't really know who creates them but the patterns are created with sacred geometry. Many, many theories abound! I can't wait to walk into my first crop circle and feel the energies. I'd love to lay down and meditate there! 




SPIRITUAL MATTERS: ​
Sacred Geometry & Reiki: Many people believe that the sacred geometry of the crop circles radiate divine energy. Whether the design rests in a barley field or on a coffee mug does not matter; they believe that the contents of their mug will be infused with this energy. So, whether it's the Reiki or the sacred geometry of the crop circles, these pots are just bursting with energy! Many people even feel it when they wear one of my pendants. If you're as sensitive to energy as I am, no doubt you'll feel it too. 


1 comment: