Tuesday 5 February 2013

Spotlight on Candles By Nature


Bringing beauty into the everyday.


Anna and Nickolas are the faces behind candlesbynature on etsy.


Anna describes herself and their gorgeous shop: 
Since I was a child, I've loved creating beauty in the world around me. Now, I am fortunate to have the opportunity to craft lovely candles and skincare products, and to provide others with the chance to bring beauty into their everyday lives.

Four years ago, Nickolas and I moved from the bustling streets of Brooklyn to the rolling hillsides of the Catskills...and we couldn't be happier. As part of our transition to a slower pace of life, we became interested in making more things ourselves and passing up the commercial store-bought options. 



Around this time, I (Anna) became intrigued by a demonstration at a local museum on the old methods of making hand-dipped taper candles. As a candle-lover, I was so excited to try my hand at making our own candles...saving money and learning a new skill in the process.


I started out making candles for my family and friends using repurposed jars I found around the house, along with hand-dipped tapers. I was hooked! I dove, full force, into the craft of candle-making and Nickolas and I soon began selling our creations at local craft fairs and farmer's markets.

Since then, our shop has grown considerably and now also includes a growing line of goat's milk soaps, moisturizing balms, and many more new products on the way.


We are so pleased to watch our shop continue to expand as we try new and exciting things. These days, Nickolas and I work together to keep the shop running and we are having a ball trying out different product ideas to help you bring a bit of beauty into the everyday.


Check out candlesbynature on etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment